Thursday, February 4, 2010

Greetings from Miami!

I think it goes without saying that Super Bowl Week is one of my favorite weeks of the year. I absorb all of the excess and even embrace it. Media Day is great. I love hearing the interviews with former NFL stars (and even scrubs), and most importantly, the over analysis of the big game itself. This wouldn't be a blog though if I didn't have some observations of my own.


  • Chad Ochocinco, as always, is stealing the show. He couldn't have picked a better time to launch his new network OCNN. If you haven't yet, make sure you download his app for iPhone and Blackberry.


    • The attention paid to Kim Kardashian is amusing and a little bit sad at the same time. She travels through South Beach with as much clout as Muhamad Ali and as much security as Pope Benedict III. Not that she's rough to look at, but it's getting to be just a bit much.

    • Jay Glazer from Fox Sports is a MEATHEAD!!

    • The sports radio jocks who have decended upon South Florida make the crowd who gathers for the AVN Awards in Vegas look like the crowd at a convention for Southern Baptists. These middle-age, overweight assclowns are running around from club to club like their last name is Lohan. Their sole purpose is to bring back any piece of trash that stands before them and brag about it when they return to Pittsburgh, Seattle, Kansas City, etc...
    • Peyton Manning is the BEST quarterback ever to play. Period.

    • How will the commercials be this year? Not a whole lot of buzz, but one story snuck through the cracks. I heard that CBS has vetoed Mancrunch.com (a homosexual dating site) because the network is staying away from hot button issues. Why is it then that Tim Tebow's anti-abortion ad is allowed to air? I don't care either way, it just seems like a bit of a double standard.
    • Finally, this game has alot to live up to. The last two Super Bowls have been nothing short of phenomenal. Somehow, I am guessing that the game will be a blowout early.

    • My predicion: Colts 43, Saints 27.

    Despite the current Super Bowl bubble I reside in, I do realize that there is life outside of Miami so here are a few more bits from this last week that intrigue me.

    • I still don't know what to make of this iPad deal. Apple has hit gold with everything it's produced in the last decade, but this seems like it might be a stretch. If it works, it will change the way we communicate; if it bombs, Apple might be headed back toward the state of hibernation it resided in for the better part of fifteen years.
    • I don't know what to think about what has become of Facebook. All of the new weekly themes and constant updates on people's farms and sorority houses are great! I really wish I could run my own farm. It's what I have been dreaming about since I was seven.

    • When are all channels going to be in HD? I might go back to watching shows like Real World again if it didn't look like it was shot during the Regan administration.

    • So I've been told by the police that St. Louis now has a heroin epidemic. Fantastic!

    • Mardi Gras is only a week away. Let the weather gods be in a good mood now. I'm predicting 62 degrees and sunny. Always fun regardless.

    That's it for now. Go Colts (-5 1/2)!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment