Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Too much to cover, too little time

Weekly Observations Dec. 7-13

  • I don't know where to begin with Tiger. For some reason, I hate that he got exposed, but love hearing about it. At first, I thought it would be easy to come back from (i.e. Kobe 2003), but the more and more details that emerge, the tougher that is going to be. Awesome.
  • Mizzou to the Texas Bowl???For everyone who is bitching about this, stop. Yes, we are better than Iowa State, but we lost at HOME to BAYLOR. We were their only win in the Big XII. What is the difference anyways? Unless you are in the title game, all bowls are the same.
  • Yes, the new highway 40 is nice, spacious, and I have seen too many damn news stories on it this week. 'Nuff Said.
  • I am surpirsed by some recent album sales. I am typically good at forcasting this stuff, b ut Rihanna's album tanking, and Susan Boyle tearing it up is quite shocking. I say that the"middle america" phenomenon is responsible for this anomoly.
  • The Rams have work to do. There is no sure shot this year at QB (or any year really) and I don't know which direction I would go yet. Bring on Mel Kiper and Todd McShay already please.
  • Peter Gammons leaving ESPN for MLB network is like Derek Jeter signing with the BoSox.
  • Getting excited for a few movies. Up in the Air (for more reasons than just that it was shot in StL), Invictis with Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman, and who isn't curious about Avatar. James Cameron has alot to prove
  • Again....Watch "The League" on FX Thursday's at 10.
  • Buy Eastbound and Down: Season 1 on DVD before season 2 premiers in February.
  • Does anyone go to InsideSTL.com regularly? They desperately need a mobile site.
  • If you are on Twitter and like sports, follow: Adam Schefter, Ochocinco, Chris Mortensen, Joe Sports Fan (Local gone nationwide) and Bernie Miklasz.
  • Watch out for your car if you live in the StL.....Car break-ins are at their highest level ever these last 2 weeks.
  • Is it me, or does Quiktrip get better every single day. I will never use another gas station to buy my Diet Mountain Dew, and Chicken Taquitos.
  • Finally, watch out these next few weeks for some crazy lists I am putting together to honor the end of the decade from hell. As always let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment