Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Here and There


  • So, everyone seems to have an opinion on the Matt Holliday signing. St. Louis truely is and always will be a baseball obsessed city. I did a little bit of sampling of different national and local talk shows today, and the Holliday coverage was 180 degrees. NFL only on ESPN radio - Holliday only on Team 1380. Interesting. First off, I am resigned to the fact they overpaid for him, especially in years (7) and more importantly with the FULL no trade clause. I am also happy they did so. If we had let him go, a dark cloud would hang over the Cards going into Spring Training...Oh wait, that cloud has a name, and it's Mark McGwire...



  • Congrats to Andre "The Hawk" Dawson on his induction into the baseball Hall of Fame. It is strange seeing these players in their prime throughout my childhood being enshrined in Cooperstown. One of the many reasons that makes me feel as if I am aging quickly.


  • NEWS BULLETIN!! NEWS BULLETIN!! IT'S SNOWING IN ST. LOUIS!! RAID YOUR LOCAL GROCER AND BOARD UP YOUR WINDOWS IMMEDIATELY!!





  • Can the Rams please just draft Ndamukong Suh? I already have the Jersey on the way. If they don't, I'm out $88.00.




  • Watch the trailer for Iron Man 2...Downey Jr. is tough, and the rest of the cast should be good as well.http://http//www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2308178969


  • So I saw that the new Athletic Director at the Univesity of Michigan is none other than David Brandon....The former CEO of Dominos Pizza. This makes perfect sense if you ask me. It's actually the first person there involved in athletics who they didn't steal from West Virginia.

  • Speaking of Dominos, I hear they have an entirely new recipe. New Crust, new sauce, new cheese, probably same old garbage...I doubt it could get much worse. I am intrigued either way. I'll report back with the new taste within the month.



Couldn't end this thing though without at least commenting on Gilbert Arenas. This guy has become a grade A knucklehead. Who jokes about gun violence in Washington DC? Who pulls guns over a small bet ($60,000)? Another great story. Deadspin.com has by far the most witty coverage of this shining moment for the NBA.

That's all I got. Keep the hits coming and don't forget to vote in the poll...There's only 4 days left. I've got a good one ready for next week too.







1 comment:

  1. WTF happened to 1190 Sporting News Radio? I hate country, and now there is no free nationally covered homer-free sports radio in the STL. All we get is Mike and Mike? Terrible.

    ReplyDelete